Academic Integrity is honest and responsible scholarship. As a student, you are expected to submit original work and give credit to other peoples’ ideas.
Maintaining your academic integrity involves:
- Creating and expressing your own ideas in course work;
- Acknowledging all sources of information;
- Completing assignments independently or acknowledging collaboration;
- Accurately reporting results when conducting your own research or with respect to labs;
- Honesty during examinations.
Academic integrity is the foundation of university success. Learning how to express original ideas, cite sources, work independently, and report results accurately and honestly are skills that carry students beyond their academic career. Academic dishonesty not only cheats the student of valuable learning experiences, but can result in a failing grade on assignments, a failing grade in a course, or even expulsion from the university for the student.